January 3, 2013
Honeymoon At Hills Of India
Honeymoon is the best time for a couple to know eachother and spend time with each other. The coinage of the term “Hill station” has an interesting account to reveal. The term in fact owes its origin to India where a hill station stands for a town which is located in the serene atmosphere of a hill & which is apparently situated at a much greater altitudes than the sea levels.
Top Hill Station In India For Honeymoon are :
1. Shimla : The seven hills of Shimla are – Prospect Hill in Western Shimla, which has the temple of Kamna Devi; Summer Hill in Western Shimla, which has the campus of the Himachal Pradesh University; Observatory Hill in Western Shimla, which holds the estate of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study; Invererarm in Western Shimla, whose top has the State Museum; Bantony in central Shimla, which has the Grand Hotel; Jakhoo in central Shimla, which is crowned by the temple indicated to Lord Hanuman, and Elysium in north-western Shimla, which holds Auckland House and Longwood and reaches out towards the Bhararispur.
2. Ooty : Located in the Blue Mountains of the Western Ghats also known as the Nilgiri Hills, Tamil Nadu, Ooty almost seems like a collection of beautiful picnicspots. It is surrounded by lofty mountains, great lakes, dense forests, sprawling grasslands and seemingly endless tea gardens and eucalyptus trees. The panoramic view from Doddabetta Peak, at the junction of the Western and Eastern Ghats, Ketti Valley, Pykara Lake Boat House and Pykara Falls, Kamraj Sagar Lake etc are truly awe inspiring.
3. Darjeeling : While staying in Darjeeling you are going to be charmed by the lush tea gardens without doubt. The tea gardens located at the rolling slopes of the hills are indeed a treat to your eyes. Similarly when you are going to take a look at the famous Tiger Hills, it is going to be a breath taking experience of your life. In your trip to Darjeeling & Gangtok you must not forget to take a ride on the famous Toy Train. It is indeed a marvel of this hill station. The toy trains normally rise to an altitude of 7,500 ft.
4. Mt. Abu : The highest peak of the Aravalli Hills range in Rajasthan, Mt. Abu is a favourite amongst residents of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Abu has been historically and culturally relevant in India, reflected in the existence of Rana Kumbha’s fort, the Dilwara temple complex famous amongst Jains and the many other Hindu Temples. Today, Nakki Lake and the nearby Toad Rock are visual delights, along with the rest of the contrasting green that engulfs this destination in the middle of an arid dessert. Resorts in Mt. Abu too are beautiful.
5. Munnar : Situated at the confluence of three mountain chains, Munnar is known for its climate and tea estates. The green hill station also boats of the highest mountain in south India – Anaimudi. Because of the likeness with the climate of London the erst while British officers made it their summer resort and affectionately labeled it “little London”.Share