16 of the Best Hill Stations in India For Your Honeymoon :
The most celebrated hill stations in India for honeymoon, Ooty, located on Nilgiri Hills has got everything for a newlywed couple. The duo can go for romantic walks in the green dense forest or can just enjoy a mountain trail. The beautiful spots of Doddabetta Peak and Ketty Vally would definitely complement the visit.
Beautiful flowers on hills, the tea and cardamom plantation and the mountains covered with mists make Ooty the most preferred honeymoon place. The place is rich in flora and fauna and the quaint hills make the place ideal for couples who want to spend time in lap of the nature.
2. Munnar –
Mountains and hills have their own attraction. Munnar is a lush green hill station situated in the Anamalai range of Kerala. One can see stretches of tea plantation, thick forests and flora and fauna here at Munnar. The town has a colonial touch and is neat and clean and brightly painted.
Those couples who want to enjoy the pleasant climate of the hill station, Munnar can be the ideal destination. They can go for long walks, wander around among the nature and have quality time with each other among the nature ensuring a deep bondage.
3. Khandala - Khandala is situated on the Sahyadri Ranges at the height of 625 m. It is a hill station that is nearby Mumbai thus easily accessible. The scintillating natural beauty, deep valleys, high hills and the pure air here at Khandala has made it a popular destination for the honeymooners.
The couples can enjoy the various attractions here like Rajmachi Park, Duke’s Nose, Shivaji Park, LohagadDarshan, Tiger’s Leap, Sakur Plateau, Kune Falls, and tiger’s Leap etc. Those who love to explore can plan out an excursion to Lonavala, Karle caves, Bhaja caves etc. For the adventure lovers, Khandala offers rock climbing also.
4. Dhanaulti - Dhanaulti is in Uttarakhand and is one of the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India. It is a hill station with tranquility and calmness and is popularity among tourists due to its closeness to Chamba and its regions.
If you are still confused on where to spend your honeymoon, then Dhanaulti is the best place, located at an altitude of 2286 metres. It is just 24 kms away from Mussoorie (another hill station).
Along with the famous places in Dhanaulti, Eco Park, Surkanda Devi temple, Potato farms and Horse riding farms are also worth visiting. If you are looking for a place where you can connect with nature, then Dhanaulti is the right place to visit.
5. Kasauli - Honeymoon is the time to open up with each other and a secluded place is ideal for it. Kasauli, a serene and stunningly beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh, offer breathtaking natural beauty along with panoramic views. Every nook and corner of this picturesque hill station offer old world charm.
The visitors will get abundant flora that include tall Deodar trees, varieties of wild flowers, rhododendrons, wild roses, flowering Kichnar, flame of the forest etc. The couples can spend hours together while watching the birds. Those who visit here during winter can enjoy snowfall. The tranquillity and freshness make it an ideal honeymoon destination.
6. Mount Abu -
Mount Abu is a hill station that is not only famous as a regular tourist spot but has become the most preferred honeymoon destination for the couples. It is the only hill resort of Rajasthan. It is located among the lush green forest. It is considered to be the green oasis among the barren desert land.
The rich flora that covers the entire hillside has got many coniferous trees and flowering shrubs. The place has a cool climate. The couples can have some days of seclusion when they come here for their honeymoon. Exploring the countryside, watching the exotic flora and different species of birds can be the pastime activities of the visitors here.
7. Shillong - Considered as one the most charming hill stations of India, Shillong is located in Meghalaya and is famous for having the highest rainfall in the world. Meghalaya means “abode of clouds” and is one of the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India.
If the couples visit the place in monsoon, they can enjoy the magical rains. There are countless waterfalls and lakes here which come alive during the monsoon season. The clouds seem to play hide and seek. The couples can have some of the memorable and magical moments of their life visiting here. The place has a blending of British architecture, natural beauty and romanticism making it perfect destination for honeymoon.
8. Nainital - Nainital, Uttarakhand, is bound by mountains and is considered as the hot honeymoon destination. The couples can enjoy the view of lakes and spend ample amount of time enjoying boating in the Naini Lake and adoring the picture perfect landscapes around to have special moments to take back home.
Nainitalis given the name “Lake District of India” and has awe-inspiring natural surroundings and the splendid weather to make the honeymoon trip of the newlyweds the most cherished one.Whether it is walking on the roads, shopping or going for adventures like horse riding, canoeing, parasailing or rock climbing, Naitital has got everything to make the romantic holiday the most enjoyable one.
9. Mcleodganj, Dharamsala – Mcleodganj is situated in upper Dharamsala and offers most spectacular view of Dhauladhar snowline. The place has got old monasteries and enchanting landscapes, making it an ideal honeymoon destination for the newlyweds. The place has got the blend of spirituality, natural beauty and romanticism.
Dharamsala is considered the spiritual paradise as His Holiness Dalai Lama lives here. Those who come here not only get the spectacular natural beauty but they get their mind and soul cleansed.
The mountain range, the forest and the waterfalls around will make the stay more enjoyable and couples go back home with some of the best memories of life.
10. Mussoorie - Mussoorie is considered as one of the best hill stations in India and a popular honeymoon destination. When the couples visit Mussoorie they have a lot more to experience than just romance. They can have fun-filled moments full of adventure and some lifetime memories here at Mussoorie.
The picturesque snow clad mountains in the northeast and the dazzling view of Shivalik Mountain ranges and Doon Valley in the south will offer the best ambience for honeymoon for any couple. The beautiful and amazing natural scenery will make the honeymoon even more memorable for the couple. This place makes everyone feel romantic and special.
11. Kodaikanal -
Looking for a pleasant summer retreat as well as a place for a honeymoon? Then breathtakingly beautiful Kodaikanal in Palani Hills in the Western Ghats has it all for you. The temperate cool climate and the serenity of the environment is what attract most of the couples here. It houses a rich variety of flora.
The visitors can visit the Star shaped lake-the Silver Cascade Waterfall and also Bear Shola falls and spend hours with their partners. The couples can walk down the steep wooden slope enjoying the lush green surroundings of the hills and have mesmerizing views of the valley and Vaigai Dam.
12. Ranikhet – Blessed with natural beauty, Ranikhet is a hill station situated in Uttaranchal’s Almora district. Ranikhet was developed by the British and is among the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India. Lustful green forests, ancient temples, amazing hilly terrains and beautiful regions of the Himalayas are among the top places in Ranikhet.
The name ‘Ranikhet’ originated from a folk story in which a beautiful queen visited this place and was quietly amazed by the beauty of this place. Ranikhet means Queen’s meadow. Every year thousands of tourists visit this beautiful place to experience the natural beauty filled with natural treks, Nanda Devi peak, beautiful views of Himalayan hillocks covered with snow along with early morning chirping of birds and smell of flora.
Headquarters of Kumaon Regiment is also located in Ranikhet. Jhoola Devi temple is a must see place in Ranikhet which makes it a very popular tourist destination.
13. Pahalgam -
The breathtaking beauty of Kashmir that offers spectacular landscapes of mountains and valleys make the place ideal for honeymoon and is one of the best hill stations in India. Away from the busy city lifein the lap of nature, Pahalgam gives everything that a newlywed couple would like to have.
It is blessed with exotic species of flora and fauna and isconsidereda place for complete rejuvenation and refreshment. The couples can go for trekking to the Lidderwart and Kolohoi Glacier, enjoy horse riding and rapid water rafting and many more recreational activities here.
14. Mukteshwar - Mukteshwar is one of the best hill stations in India and a popular tourist destination. The name Mukteshwar means a place of salvation (Moksha) a derived from Lord Shiva who offers salvation. It is in Nanital, Uttrakhand and is famous for its Mukteshwar temple. Mukteshwar has an altitude of 2171m and is in Kumaon hill.
Apart from Mukteshwar temple, ChaulikaJaali, Indian Veterinary Institute (established in 1893), amazing views of Himalaya’s snowy peaks and Nanda Devi and Renewable Park (established by The Energy and Resources Institute) are the places of attraction for tourists. The houses in this little town are featured by reddish roofs, ancient style wooden window frames and picket barriers reminding of the British Raj. Agriculture in Mukteshwar mainly includes potato cultivation and fruit orchards.
15. Matheran - Matheran on an altitude of 800 m is among the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India. It is located in Maharashtra and was established and developed by the British in 1850. Every year thousands of tourists come to visit this lovely place. Matheran hill station is perched at the Sahyadri Mountains’ Matheran ranges. It is an eco-friendly hill station, reason being the ban imposed on vehicles to enter the hill station area.
Matheran has 38 peak points including Panorama point, Hart Point, Echo Point, Charlotte Lake, Louisa Point and George Point among others. Panthers’ caves and Paymaster Park are places of attraction in Matheran. It is regarded as one of the best places to spend summer vacations for couples. Boarding and lodging facilities at reasonable rates are available in Matheran.
16. Dalhousie - For the nature lovers, Dalhousie would be the best place to visit for their honeymoon. A place has got lush green valleys and high mountains. The breathtaking natural beauty, refreshing air, warm sunrise will make the days full of bliss and thrill. The picturesque beauty of Dalhousie has cozy and warm ambience with colonial era buildings, low roofed hotels and stalls.
There are pine covered slopes crossing other paths and trails. Those who want to make their honeymoon more romantic and have strong bondage will definitely choose Dalhousie as their destination.